LDSC: lds.org/directory

Dana Repouille

Jan 12, 2011, 9:05:40 PM1/12/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
Interesting bug. It was brought to my attention by a member of my stake.
When he told me about it, I thought it might have been caused by the fact
that he is an "out of unit" member.

- Login to lds.org

- Tools, Directory

- Change to another unit in your stake

- Click the Print button

What you see is a directory of your home unit, not the unit you selected.

On the old Stake and Ward Web Sites, you can print a directory of any unit
in your stake.

Dana in Omaha

Or visit the LDS Clerks wiki at:
http://www.ldsclerks.org/

Alan Brown

Jan 13, 2011, 3:10:39 PM1/13/11
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Dana Repouille <drepo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> - Login to lds.org
> - Tools, Directory
> - Change to another unit in your stake
> - Click the Print button
>
> What you see is a directory of your home unit, not the unit you selected.

I don't know if I'd call that a bug. Rather, it's a feature still
under development. No matter where you are in the Directory
(leadership directory, photos, another ward), the Print button
currently only prints the directory of members for your ward.

Many more printing features are under development, but the new
printing features have not been completed and deployed yet.

Alan Brown
Assistant Stake Clerk
Sandy Utah Crescent Stake

Alan Brown

Jan 13, 2011, 3:15:47 PM1/13/11
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Alan Brown <clerk.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many more printing features are under development, but the new
> printing features have not been completed and deployed yet.

I knew I had seen a post from a Church employee on this topic, but it
took me a little while to find it. Here it is:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?4969-Photo-upload-now-available-to-all-in-beta&p=44364&viewfull=1#post44364

That's from clear back in May, so it makes you wonder what's taking so
long, but it does confirm the basics of the roadmap for printing.

John Gilger

Jan 13, 2011, 4:56:39 PM1/13/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
Could it be that the web designers felt that most of us don't want that
Amway rep in another ward printing out our wrad list and adding us to her
prospect list?

John Gilger
Ward Clerk
Sunrise Mountain Ward