Ignore annotations when performing LD score regression

Melissa Gymrek

Aug 6, 2019, 7:18:06 PM8/6/19
to ldsc_users
Hello,
I'm new to the Google group so I apologize if this has been answered.
When performing LD score regression, is it possible to ignore some annotation columns in my annot/LD score files? I would like to perform a separate LD score regression for multiple different annotation columns but currently have all of my annotations in a single file.
Thanks,
~Melissa

Benjamin Neale

Aug 7, 2019, 9:04:03 AM8/7/19
to Melissa Gymrek, ldsc_users
Hi Melissa,

Generally, we encourage people to analyze the annotation in a joint model, rather than serially. The reason being that joint analysis controls for annotations that are in LD with one another and doing a single annotation at a time can be misleading.

Best,
Ben

Melissa Gymrek

Aug 13, 2019, 2:22:56 AM8/13/19