Generating specifically expressed gene sets for LDSC-CTS

Jonathan Chung

Jul 25, 2019, 4:27:52 PM7/25/19
to ldsc_users
Hello,

I would like to apply the cell type enrichment analysis described in the Finucane, 2018 paper on a custom set of gene expression data. And I have a few questions about generating the t-statistics.

  • Are the t-statistics generated specific to the dataset you are analyzing? If I wanted to combine the GTEx and our internal data, would I have to re-calculate the t-statistic across all samples?
  • Is there some example code implementing the t-statistic equation shown in the methods section?
  • Is there a minimum number of genes needed to accurately calculate partitioned heritability?
Thanks,
-Jonathan