3.3.720 driver hangs after ERQ loaded

Ryan Wood

May 22, 2020, 3:19:39 PM5/22/20
to LDMud Talk

Any ideas?

Compiled fine, and known working mudlib. This is just a new host (Ubuntu 16.04).

Malcolm Tester

May 22, 2020, 5:56:00 PM5/22/20
to LDMud Talk
Just as a debugging thing.... did you try disabling ERQ to see if the driver would load/run fine without it?
Malc

Ryan Wood

May 23, 2020, 1:08:49 AM5/23/20
to ldmud...@googlegroups.com
Yep, stalls at same spot. Does not crash or halt, just the next line that I’m expecting to see (host and port) never comes up

Zesstra

May 23, 2020, 4:20:35 AM5/23/20
to ldmud...@googlegroups.com
Good morning...

On 23.05.20 07:08, Ryan Wood wrote:
> Yep, stalls at same spot. Does not crash or halt, just the next line that I’m
> expecting to see (host and port) never comes up

It sounds a bit familiar, I think, we might already have heard of such a
problem some time ago here in the list or in the bugtracker. Unfortunately, I
don't remember the details. :-(

Then my suggestion is to attach a debugger (gdb, lldb) to the process and look
where exactly it waits. Or add some more debug messages in main.c to limit the
problem to a specific line.

Bye,
Zesstra
--
MorgenGrauen -
1 Welt, mehr als 200 Programmierer , mehr als 16000 Raeume,