Release of LDMud 3.6.6 and 3.5.6

Gnomi

Sep 10, 2022, 7:09:26 AM9/10/22
to Discussion of the LDMud driver.
Hello LDMudders,

the LDMud team is pleased to announce the release of LDMud 3.6.6 as
the latest stable LDMud release.

This release contains several bug fixes, including some crashes, and some
new features. We recommend the update to 3.6.6 for users of LDMud 3.6.
We also released LDMud 3.5.6, which only contains the fixes for crashes,
but we seriously recommend users of LDMud 3.5 to migrate to LDMud 3.6,
because we might not be able to support LDMud 3.5 very much longer as
the codebases start to differ significantly.

LDMud 3.6.6 brings the following new features:
* Introduced type 'struct mixed' for arbitrary structs.
* Introduce 'structs' modifier for inherit and default statement.
* Visible structs of the simul-efun object are automatically
available to every program.
* Introduced range operator for wide mappings (e.g. m[k, 1..3])
* Introduced driver hooks H_CREATE_LWOBJECT, H_CREATE_LWOBJECT_COPY and
H_CREATE_LWOBJECT_RESTORE will initialize lightweight objects.
* Introduced privileged pragma 'no_simul_efuns' to deactivate
simul-efuns during compilation.
* Runtime type checks will now also check members on struct creation.

LDMud 3.5.6 can be downloaded from:
* http://www.ldmud.eu/download.html
* https://github.com/ldmud/ldmud/tree/3.5.6

LDMud 3.6.6 can be downloaded from:
* http://www.ldmud.eu/download.html
* https://github.com/ldmud/ldmud/tree/3.6.6

A list of changes can be found in the HISTORY file in the driver sources.

If you have any problems with LDMud, please don't hesitate to report them
at: https://mantis.ldmud.eu/mantis/
If you have any questions please ask either on ldmud...@googlegroups.com
or contact us at ldmu...@UNItopia.de.

Have fun!
The LDMud team

William Edsall

Nov 13, 2022, 8:45:48 AM11/13/22
to LDMud Talk
THANKS for all of the hard work. Running 3.6.6 now.