Release of LDMud 3.6.7 and 3.5.7

Gnomi

Oct 1, 2023, 6:29:47 PM10/1/23
to Discussion of the LDMud driver.
Hello LDMudders,

the LDMud team is pleased to announce the release of LDMud 3.6.7 as
the latest stable LDMud release.

This release contains several bug fixes, including some crashes, as well
as some new features. We recommend the update to 3.6.7 for users of
LDMud 3.6. We also released LDMud 3.5.7, which only contains the fix
for the single crash that was also applicable to LDMud 3.5.

LDMud 3.6.7 brings the following new features:
* Introduced the type 'lpctype' to hold a type object, together with
the syntax for type literals (eg. '[int|string]'), decltype(expr)
operator and to_lpctype() and check_type() efuns.
* Added a new efun compile_string() to compile a string with LPC code
into a closure.
* Added a new modifier 'limit' to catch() to restrict eval cost usage.
* Extended Python support to include named object types, concrete
array and struct types, union types, the new lpctype and more
signals as hooks.
* Allow binding a listening port to a specific host address as
'host:port' specification for a port.
* Added configuration flag --disable-allocator-wrappers to disable
injection of LDMud's (non-thread-safe) memory management functions
into 3rd party libraries.
* Added configuration flag --enable-keyword-in to make 'in' a
reserved word.

LDMud 3.5.7 can be downloaded from:
* http://www.ldmud.eu/download.html
* https://github.com/ldmud/ldmud/tree/3.5.7

LDMud 3.6.7 can be downloaded from:
* http://www.ldmud.eu/download.html
* https://github.com/ldmud/ldmud/tree/3.6.7

A list of changes can be found in the HISTORY file in the driver sources.

If you have any problems with LDMud, please don't hesitate to report them
at: https://mantis.ldmud.eu/mantis/
If you have any questions please ask either on ldmud...@googlegroups.com
or contact us at ldmu...@UNItopia.de.

Have fun!