Problems with range violation error message

joseph....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2012, 7:48:09 AM11/29/12
to ldc...@googlegroups.com
The range violation error message produced when using ldmd2 is rather cryptic -- here's what I got with some code recently:

core.exception.RangeError@`�I(118): Range violation

This was compiled with ldmd2 -w -wi -property -debug.

The comparable error when compiling with dmd and the same options was much more revealing, giving the exact module:

core.excepti...@recommend.metrics(118): Range violation

Is there some extra flag I need to pass to ldmd2 to get comprehensible module names, or is this just a straightforward bug?

David Nadlinger

Nov 29, 2012, 7:53:42 AM11/29/12
to ldc...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug, please add a ticket on GitHub.

David

joseph....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2012, 9:45:46 AM11/29/12
to ldc...@googlegroups.com