View this page "LCROSS FAQ"

Jim Mosher

Feb 4, 2009, 5:35:23 PM2/4/09
to LCROSS_Observation
The following is a first attempt at a page that may help orient new
members to the group:

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/lcross_observation/web/lcross-faq
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Please feel free to add questions or correct the answers.

-- Jim

Tim Swanson

Feb 4, 2009, 5:48:55 PM2/4/09
to lcross_ob...@googlegroups.com

Just a fantastic site!  Very helpful for us Noobs.

Timothy Swanson

Derek C Breit

Feb 4, 2009, 6:56:21 PM2/4/09
to lcross_ob...@googlegroups.com

That looks great Jim..

I think one more important note could be added..

That is, that at the time of impact, a lowlight video camera attached to an
amateur scope, and used in Grazing Lunar Occultation Observing (which is
what I do) or Lunar Meteoric Impact detection, will be the premier way to
record the impact and associated plume..

Derek Breit
BREIT IDEAS Obs - Morgan Hill, CA

Jim Mosher

Feb 4, 2009, 10:56:21 PM2/4/09
to LCROSS_Observation
Derek -

I have added your comment; but in the future you can simply click
"Edit": anyone is free to add/delete/modify the questions and
answers, or to provide additional links to relevant web resources.

-- Jim

Derek C Breit

Feb 4, 2009, 11:58:51 PM2/4/09
to lcross_ob...@googlegroups.com
Ah.. Thanks Jim..

I live in email and try never go to a group webpage..

:-)

Derek

cano...@yahoo.com

Feb 10, 2009, 2:49:20 PM2/10/09
to LCROSS_Observation
Add FAQ Q23 I would like to follow NASA LCROSS official news of the
mission. What are the best sites for this?

Jim Mosher

Nov 7, 2009, 7:36:44 PM11/7/09
to LCROSS_Observation

Deirdre Kelleghan

Nov 8, 2009, 5:41:21 AM11/8/09
to lcross_ob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for this very very comprehensive information , I enjoyed the Sky & Telescope second blog page on the subject in particular . Tomorrow evening I plan to use some of it in my Moon talk .

Deirdre

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/lcross_observation/web/lcross-faq?hl=en

--
Deirdre Kelleghan