LCM for Python in Windows

Fernando

May 1, 2017, 3:30:29 PM5/1/17
to Lightweight Communications and Marshalling
Hi,

I'm trying to use LCM for Python 3.5 in Windows 8 (64 bit). I have visual studio 2015 update 3 and the corresponding glib libraries downloaded from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win64/glib/2.26/

I cloned the github repository and went to lcm-python and ran: python setup.py install. It ran without problems, however, when I try to import from python, I get:

from ._lcm import LCM, LCMSubscription
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I've added the folder with glib-2.26.1. to my PATH environment variable . If I don;t do that, I get an error saying it couldn't find a DLL specified

Does anybody know what could be the issue?-

Fernando

May 2, 2017, 12:09:36 PM5/2/17
to Lightweight Communications and Marshalling
Nevermind, I figured it out. I had an old installation of Msys that was 32bit. That overshadowed the dll for the correct architecture. Once I removed the old 32 bit installation from the system, I was able to get lcm working.