CSS background color not recognized in Firefox

Rachel Shapiro

Feb 22, 2012, 8:58:40 PM2/22/12
to lbsc690-spring12-0101
Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with Firefox. The background color shows up fine
in Chrome and Safari, but it's just white in Firefox. Is anyone else
having this problem? It seems like there are some css-related firefox
bugs, but I can't tell if I'm encountering one or making an error.

Rachel

Rachel Shapiro

Feb 22, 2012, 9:39:17 PM2/22/12
to lbsc690-spring12-0101
Never mind-- seems to be working now..

Erin Terwilliger

Feb 24, 2012, 6:35:20 PM2/24/12
to lbsc690-spring12-0101
Rachel, what did you do to fix it? I'm also having issues with getting
my background the color I want...

Did you do something like this?

body {background-color:#ccff99;}

Rachel Shapiro

Feb 25, 2012, 7:16:22 PM2/25/12
to lbsc690-sp...@googlegroups.com
I'm honestly not sure. I was fiddling with a lot of things in my stylesheet, and the color didn't load in firefox; then it did.. It may be that I didn't properly refresh the page. Sorry I can't be of more help!

But if you're using an external stylesheet, I don't think you need the <body> tag.

Rachel

William Webber

Feb 26, 2012, 4:58:23 PM2/26/12
to lbsc690-sp...@googlegroups.com

Erin,

Hi! The css looks correct, but it needs to be in a separate file, without the body tags. Then reference it in your html file a link tag

William