Use CLI to swap glazing system?

Josh Tate

Sep 12, 2019, 9:24:06 AM9/12/19
to THERM
Is there a way to use the CLI to change the glazing system in a particular THERM file?  We're trying obtain the U-factor results for different glazing systems using the same frame, but without having to manually open the application, swap the glazing system, then re-calculate.

Robin Mitchell

Sep 12, 2019, 6:37:34 PM9/12/19
to THERM
I would suggest using the Glazing Options feature in THERM, where you can specify any number of glazing systems with a THERM file, as long as the glazing system fits properly in the file, and then run them all at the same time.

GlazingOptions.png

In this case, I copied the original glazing system in the WINDOW db, and changed the gas fill to Argon and Krypton

GlazingOptions-01.png

Then when you simulate the THERM file, the program will ask you if you want to simulate just the base file, or the base file and all the glazing options. The program will make a separate THERM file for each glazing option, as indicated in the Glazing Options dialog box.

GlazingOptions-02.png

The program creates and simulates the files for the base glazing system and the glazing system options

GlazingOptions-03.png

You can import them into the WINDOW Frame Library and then export them to a CSV file if you want to get a list of all the results.

GlazingOptions-04.png

Robin