Therm 7.7.7 Never Ends Saving Results

Audrey

Jan 14, 2020, 3:29:44 PM1/14/20
to THERM
Hello,

I have been using Therm 7.4 and I wanted to start a new simulation using THERM 7.7.7. All necessary softwares were installed and I started a new simulation from scratch using 7.7. However when I run the simulation which is by the way quite simple, it gets stuck at the ''Saving Results'' step. Then, I need to kill the software since it is the only thing I can do.

Let me know If you have any idea what the problem could be.

Thank you,

Robin Mitchell

Jan 16, 2020, 4:47:49 PM1/16/20
to Audrey, THERM
It sounds like the program has hung.

It would be useful to get the file to see what the problem is.

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Audrey

Jan 27, 2020, 11:24:14 AM1/27/20
to THERM
See attached file.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:29 PM Audrey <ar...@fabbricausa.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have been using Therm 7.4 and I wanted to start a new simulation using THERM 7.7.7. All necessary softwares were installed and I started a new simulation from scratch using 7.7. However when I run the simulation which is by the way quite simple, it gets stuck at the ''Saving Results'' step. Then, I need to kill the software since it is the only thing I can do.

Let me know If you have any idea what the problem could be.

Thank you,

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---
Section at slab_v3.THM

R W

R W

Jun 2, 2020, 5:53:26 AM6/2/20
to THERM
In my Case it seems to be an ADMIN Problem. Starting the THERM?.exe as Administrator let's conclude the "saving results" step. great to have tested that after 2h ours of redrawing and re.... ;)

Audrey Roy

Jun 2, 2020, 7:40:27 AM6/2/20
to R W, THERM
Yes, you are correct. It is an admin problem. I rerun it on my computer now with the admin rights and it works fine.
Thanks for your help.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "THERM" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/LBNL-THERM/1fa94456-3bf7-4c41-9d12-eb636c4f524f%40googlegroups.com.

--

Audrey Roy

Jr. Mechanical Engineer

Atelier de Facades Montréal Inc.

201 Boul. Curé-Labelle #405, Ste-Thérèse, QC  J7E 2X6 – Canada

': (438) 896-0442  ext: 5106