Error opening THERM7.7

SNIT_Gary

Dec 5, 2018, 8:04:48 AM12/5/18
to THERM
Hello, my client is having an issue opening THERM - the attached error appears.

I have installed .NET, C++, Intel Fortran and WINDOW 7.7 as instructed but THERM or WINDOW both show the error.

It's a Win 10 Pro (10.0.17134) laptop and I've tried compatibility and run as administrator but still nothing.

Can you assist?
THERM.png

Simon Vidanovic

Dec 5, 2018, 1:08:02 PM12/5/18
to safetyne...@gmail.com, LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what is exactly crashing application. Just to be on the safe side, did you install redistributables for intel and visual studio compilers? You can find instructions here: https://windows.lbl.gov/tools/window/software-download

Regards,
Simon

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---

Simon Vidanovic

Dec 5, 2018, 1:15:28 PM12/5/18
to safetyne...@gmail.com, LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
Also make sure that you install x86 redistributables (not x64).

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:04 AM SNIT_Gary <safetyne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Robin Mitchell/LBNL

Dec 5, 2018, 1:16:44 PM12/5/18
to THERM
Simon did a bit of research and we are wondering if possibly you installed the x64 version of Intel FORTRAN instead of the x86 version?

Robin

SNIT_Gary

Dec 6, 2018, 7:24:17 AM12/6/18
to THERM
Yep both right, it had 64 and 32 bit redistributables, removed the 64 bit and repaired the 32 bit.
Also installed 32 bit FORTAN in case we did 64 bit last time. Thanks all working now.