Mesh generation error

Ivan Zuniga

Dec 19, 2014, 10:28:47 AM12/19/14
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
I am a new Therm user and I am practicing on a file that was provided to me during training.  I was able to change the Glazing and Spacer successfully, but I am getting a Mesh generation errors when I run the calculation.  From previous posts, I see that the way to solve this is to simplify the polygons.  I tried that, but still will not run.

Attached is the file in question.

Any advice?
5500 HEAD_TRAINING.THM

Robin Mitchell/LBNL

Dec 19, 2014, 7:38:38 PM12/19/14
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
Ivan, what version of THERM are you running?

Robin Mitchell/LBNL

Dec 19, 2014, 8:39:17 PM12/19/14
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com

Ivan

I was able to get the file to run, by deleting several points in curves, and deleting one small triangular frame cavity. I might have been able to do less simplification, but sometimes it is a matter of the order that you do things in. I usually start by fixing the places that the program has indicated with red circles, but when that is not possible, then I start simplifying curves, and in this case I finally deleted the frame cavity that was in the general area where the program was detecting a mesh issue.

The file is attached.

Below are a few screen shots of places where I simplified the geometry. But I did more than just these things, mostly deleting points in curves.

Robin

On Friday, December 19, 2014 7:28:47 AM UTC-8, Ivan Zuniga wrote:
5500 HEAD_TRAINING-RM.THM

Robin Mitchell/LBNL

Dec 19, 2014, 8:40:35 PM12/19/14
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com