Issues with snapping

Dayle W

Jul 5, 2020, 9:22:06 AM7/5/20
to THERM
Hi,

I am having some issues with snapping in THERM 7.7.

I have tried the following options ticked on:
  • Snap to Vertical
  • Snap to Horizontal
While the 'snap to last point' shortcut (End) works correctly, pressing the space bar does not 'snap to a point or polygon'.

I have also tried drawing over a DXF underlay with the following options ticked on:
  • Snap to Vertical
  • Snap to Horizontal
  • Snap to Underlay
With these options on, the cursor does not automatically snap to the underlay vertices.

I have tried zooming in and out and this has no effect on the snapping.

I have also tried 'snap to grid' with the grid display on and the 'space bar' will not snap to the grid points either.

I am also having difficulty with 'move points' tool. If I hover over a point, usually only the four headed-arrow appears (the two headed arrow never appears). When I hold down the left mouse button to drag the point the software unselects the 'move points' tool.

The 'insert point' tool is also unreliable and often will not register a click.

I installed the following addon files as per the documentation:
  • RICHTX32.OCX
  • VC_redist.x86.exe
  • ww_ifort_redist_ia32_2020.1.216.msi
The report tools, calculation tools, display options are all working correctly.

I am running the Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system.

I hope someone is familiar with the issues above and able to help me resolve them as this is an excellent piece of software but unfortunately the issues above are creating considerable difficulty in accurately modelling details and components.

Thanks,

Dayle

Dayle W

Jul 5, 2020, 9:31:54 AM7/5/20
to THERM
Hi,

Just to let future users know who see this post, I have just re-installed the software based on the advice in an earlier thread. This has resolves all of my snapping issues!

I would suggest any users with issues snapping to vertices and underlays are recommended to re-install THERM.

Dayle

James Clifford

Dec 27, 2022, 6:23:58 AM12/27/22
to THERM
Unfortunately I'm experiencing this same issue. I ran the install again and did a repair which doesn't seem to have fixed anything... perhaps a full uninstall, restart and reinstall is what's needed. I will report back if it works.