frame cavity NFRC 100, Nu number over 1.2

cubric

Nov 18, 2019, 12:59:05 PM11/18/19
to THERM
hello,
I'm modeling uPVC window with triple glazing in Therm 7.4.4.0 and I'm stuck over on problem.
Attached is .thm file.

Nusselt number for frame cavities under the glazing area is always over 1.2 and I can't get it under.

I surely can divide these cavities to smaller ones but then I would do cavity division in a manner that's not approved by NFRC.

I would be grateful for the help of this one.

Thanks,

Screenshot_2.png

uPVC window 48mm 4 triple glazing.THM

Robin Mitchell

Nov 18, 2019, 2:47:09 PM11/18/19
to cubric, THERM
If, after you subdivide the frame cavity according to the NFRC THERM/WINDOW Simulation Manual, the Nusselt number is still over 1.2, there is nothing more to be done and you can leave it at that.

You can confirm that with NFRC by emailing Scott Hanlon: sha...@nfrc.org

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory