Solar Radiation in THERM new question

Chris Stutzki

May 4, 2016, 12:09:13 PM5/4/16
to THERM
From earlier posts I found that LBNL intends to add the absorption of direct solar radiation into THERM.
The actual temperatures of the glass are an important parameter to calculate stresses in annealed glass.
When do you think this feature will be available?
Thank you,

Chris

D. Charlie Curcija/LBNL

May 5, 2016, 8:37:14 PM5/5/16
to THERM
It is planned to be included in THERM 8, which is planned for sometimes in 2018/2019 time frame.

Charlie

Chris Stutzki

May 6, 2016, 11:27:24 AM5/6/16
to THERM

Thanks for your answer, Charlie!

jlc...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 4:47:40 PM6/26/17
to THERM
Charlie,
I'm faced with a similar problem...trying to use THERM to determine glazing surface temperatures in an attempt to predict thermal fracture risk.  Is there any way to use THERM 7 as it is to apply a constant heat flux as a boundary condition?
Thanks,
Nick