Therm 102011 validation

Zafer yüce

Nov 3, 2015, 9:25:19 AM11/3/15
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a scientific documentation for therm 10211 validation to cite for my thesis. I have googled it but I could not find any publishing about THERM validation for 10211.

Besides I need to set values for quad three mesh arameter, max % error energy norm and maximum iterations.

Do anyone know about these topcs?

Regards.

Fabrizio Prato

Nov 9, 2015, 10:40:52 AM11/9/15
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Hi Zafer.
I beg your pardon Zafer, but why don't you try yourself to validate Therm with EN ISO 10211 tests (only the 2D ones obviously), it would give a good impression of your thesis. It is sufficient to realize the 2D models and follow the instructions given by the standard and confront Therm results with those given for the test. It's a work of a couple of hours. I can assure you that therm passes EN ISO 10211 and EN ISO 10077-2 2D validation tests.

About the parameters you're asking for I think the topic has already been discussed in this forum.

Fabrizio

Zafer yüce

Dec 29, 2015, 8:42:58 AM12/29/15
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Dear Fabrizio,

I have simulated two validation tests on the basis of ISO 10211 suggestions. Therm 7.3 passed both of two tests.

Please find attached simulation results. Thank you for your support.

Best regards.

9 Kasım 2015 Pazartesi 17:40:52 UTC+2 tarihinde Fabrizio Prato yazdı:
10211 1.PNG
10211 1a.PNG
10211 1 b.PNG
10211 1c.PNG
10211 2.PNG
10211 2a.PNG
10211 2b.PNG
10211 2c.PNG
10211 2d.PNG

Fabrizio Prato

Jan 2, 2016, 4:19:24 AM1/2/16
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Perfect, it will be of great impact on your Thesis.

Happy New Year!
Fabrizio

Sam

Jan 3, 2017, 11:33:09 AM1/3/17
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Hi Zafer,

I am new to this software but i have somewhat got hands on it now. I tried the simulation for case 2. i got fairly similar result on the temperatures but i could not get the heat flow value. How can i obtain this value? could you tell me how you did case 1 as well?
Have you also tried the 3D models? Can i do that using solidworks? any help and advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Sam

Tomas Kazlauskas

Jan 9, 2017, 5:47:40 AM1/9/17
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Hello, can you add (send me) validation therm files ?
--
Tomas

Zafer yüce

Jan 9, 2017, 4:20:28 PM1/9/17
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Dear Sam,

You can find attached therm files and temperature outputs based on node number.

".o" extended file can be opened using notepad. You can find temperature data for each node number in " *** s o l u t i o n ***" line

-Therm generetas mesh automaticly, hence its not easy to measure temperatures of some exact points in the model. In order to solve this problem, layers of my structure was built as combination of squares. By using this trick, automatic mesh is generated considering eddges of squares, because of that temperatures of desired points are measured easily. (Please have a look attached file named as "square". You can notice )

-In order to obtain heat flow value you need to define "u factor" to the desired surface which can be done in boundary condition selection step. According to your u factor name, heat flow will be calculated for that surface in w/m2K.

-I did not use solidworks for FE analysis however I have a friend who works with solidworks about these topics. I can share contact info of him.

3 Ocak 2017 Salı 19:33:09 UTC+3 tarihinde Sam yazdı:
10211 validation.zip.zip

Sam

Jan 10, 2017, 4:42:47 AM1/10/17
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com
Hi Zafer,

Thanks a lot for your reply with information and files attached. now i am able to validate the case 1 and case 2.
Has your friend done 3D thermal modelling validation on the case 3 and case 4 of the ISO10211:2007 or even if he has done similar studies? it would be great if you could share a contact of him.
Thanks very much. have a good day. :)

Tomas Kazlauskas

Feb 17, 2017, 9:59:22 AM2/17/17
to THERM, zafe...@outlook.com