NFRC CMA Glazing function is not working on THERM 7.6 and THERM 7.7

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 3:13:46 PM6/5/19
to THERM
Hello,

I am trying to import NFRC CMA Glazing to Therm, but the program always gives  "overlap error" even when the canvas is compeletly new and has nothing to overlap with.

Neither Therm 7.6 and Therm 7.7 works for the NFRC CMA Glazing.

Does anyone know who to fix this issue? or is it because Therm 7.6 and 7.7 does not support CMA glazing option?

Thank you very much! Any input is greatly appreciate.

Best regards,
Grace
Capture.PNG

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 3:26:22 PM6/5/19
to THERM
I have not heard of this issue before.

Can you please email or attach the problem file?

Robin

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 4:05:06 PM6/5/19
to THERM

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply! I attached a sample file below.

Therm works fine if I just click "Glazing Systems" -  "Import" and assign an specific spacer material. Then I want to replace this glass to an CMA glass, so what I did is I delete the current glazing, and go to "Glazing Systems" - " NFRC CMA ..", an overlap error will show up and no glass can be imported.

It also happens to the other two computers in our office. Do you know what  possiblely the reason is? We use Grasshopper Ladybug and Honeybee to generate Therm pologon.

I really appreciate your help on this!

Best regards,
Grace
Double Layer Glass.THM

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 4:06:42 PM6/5/19
to THERM
And this works in THERM 7.4? I am not very familiar about how the NFRC CMA option works in THERM but will look into it and have our programmers investigate it if it appears not to be working.

Robin

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 4:11:32 PM6/5/19
to THERM
It does not work in Therm 7.4, the same error shows up.

Grace

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 4:15:38 PM6/5/19
to THERM
What is the WINDOW db that you are using? Can you zip it up and attach it (or provide a link to it). You could also make a project database, which is much smaller than a complete database

Robin

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 4:26:56 PM6/5/19
to THERM
Hi Robin,

The project size database is attached below. I am using the default database from directory -

 C:\Users\Public\LBNL\WINDOW7.4\W7.mdb
 C:\Users\Public\LBNL\WINDOW7.6\W7.mdb

Thank you!

Best regards,
Grace
Database for Window7.4.mdb
Database for Window7.6.mdb

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 5:32:00 PM6/5/19
to THERM
I can reproduce your problem, ie, a completely blank THERM file, trying to insert a glazing system with the CMA option, and you get a message that it overlaps with existing materials.

I will put this in the queue for our programmers to look at.

Robin

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 5:35:12 PM6/5/19
to THERM
And I have verified that I can import the same glazing system with CMA option in WINDOW 6.3.46.

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 6:07:54 PM6/5/19
to THERM
Yes, I was able to use the "NFRC CMA Glazing" function three years ago with THERM 6.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue. Please keep me posted on any updates.

Best regards,
Grace

Robin Mitchell

Jun 5, 2019, 7:24:06 PM6/5/19
to THERM
Grace

In talking to colleagues here, CMAST doesn't support any version of WINDOW or THERM past 6.3.

So even though at some point we should fix this issue in WINDOW 7+, and I have added it to our issue list, we are not going to spend time on it now because it can't be used in CMAST.

Robin

Grace Huang

Jun 5, 2019, 9:14:38 PM6/5/19
to THERM