Warning: Gas is missing for material

sun wenning

Jun 18, 2024, 12:55:39 PMJun 18
to THERM
Hi,

I was trying to open a Therm file from others and I had the below warning sign.
The Therm software does not allow me to open the file.

May I know what the issue is?

image.png

Thank you,

Best regards,
Winnie

wennin...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 12:55:39 PMJun 18
to THERM
Hi,

I was trying to open a Therm file on Therm 7.8 from others and I had the below warning sign.

wennin...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 12:55:39 PMJun 18
to THERM
Hi,

I was trying to open a Therm file from others and I had the below warning sign.

Robin Mitchell

Jun 18, 2024, 12:57:36 PMJun 18
to wennin...@gmail.com, THERM
You should find out what version the THERM file was created with. THERM can't open files that are newer than the version you are using. That might be the problem.

Could you repost the image? It seems to be a broken image in this post.

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Robin Mitchell

Jun 18, 2024, 12:59:44 PMJun 18
to sun wenning, THERM
This shouldn't prevent a file from being opened.

Make sure that the version of THERM you are using is compatible with the version the file was created in.

Also, feel free to email me the file if you want me to look at it.

Again-- what version are you running? Look at Help / About to find the 3 digit version number
image.png

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM
---

Dan Bettenhausen

Jun 18, 2024, 2:22:09 PMJun 18
to Robin Mitchell, wennin...@gmail.com, THERM
I am fairly certain I received the exact same error message when I attempted to open a therm file someone else recently created using the newest version of Therm. I was using an old version of Therm and couldn't open it until I updated mine to be current.

--
Dan Bettenhausen
(612) 819-9674

Robin Mitchell

Jun 18, 2024, 2:23:27 PMJun 18
to Dan Bettenhausen, wennin...@gmail.com, THERM
Right ... older versions of THERM can't open files from newer versions of THERM, even within the same "7.8" version -- you need to look at the 3 digit version number, ie, "7.8.74"

Robin