Can't generate boundary conditions

Klára Kouřilová

Aug 14, 2020, 4:33:51 AM8/14/20
to THERM
Hello, I am using THERM 7.7.10.0 and ran into a problem.

When I try to generate new Boundary Conditions in my model, red outline with circles appears with message

but I am unable to find any voids and still cannot proceed.

Robin Mitchell

Aug 14, 2020, 3:23:53 PM8/14/20
to THERM
I will take a look at the file. It could be that copying all the polygons to a new file will solve the problem.

Robin

Robin Mitchell

Aug 14, 2020, 5:43:19 PM8/14/20
to THERM
There are a few issues with this file.

I'm not sure how you drew the file and why you are getting all the boundary condition errors, but if I copy all the polygons to a new file (you can select all the polygons at once by clicking outside the polygons, holding the mouse button down, and moving the mouse to surround all the polygons, which will select all of them, then do Ctrl-C to copy, open a new file and do Ctrl-V to copy them into the new file.)

That seems to allow BCs to be generated.

Then the file will not calculate even though the BCs exist, I think because of special characters in the Material names that the program cannot deal with.

If I change those materials to records that don't have those special characters, then the file will simulate. So hopefully you can rename them to not have those characters.

Another issue is that I am assuming (although I could be wrong) that the interior corner faces inside conditions. THERM want's the interior "side" of a model to face to the right so you might want to flip it horiztonally

I have attached the file that I was able to fix which now simulates.

Robin

Robin Mitchell

Aug 14, 2020, 6:02:55 PM8/14/20
to THERM