Apply a heater in a cavity

Dimitris Chortis

Feb 6, 2015, 4:20:54 AM2/6/15
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I work on a plastic door profile used in a refrigerator cooler. I have used both WINDOW and THERM to calculate temperature distribution with high success. THERM predicts appearance of condensation.

To deal with this problem I decided to introduce a heater to eliminate any condensation issues. Could you please provide me any advice on how can I simulate the heater in a cavity?

Please note that the heater has to be applied in an internal cavity and NOT on an internal or external boundary condition.

I first tried to create a new Boundary Condition by activating Model: "Comprehensive" and checking Constant Heat Flux only. However, I cannot apply this Boundary Condition in an internal cavity of my model.

I found some useful information in manual: THERM 2.0 LBL37371 Rev. 2, June 1998, yet without providing any help.

Also in manual: THERM 6.3 / WINDOW 6.3, July 2013 in chapter 8.3, Page 8-20, Figure 8-21, there is an example of creating a new material. I also tried to do so, but THERM 7.3 does not give me the option to change the radiation model (see attached picture)

Any suggestion or piece of advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance

Kind regards,
Dimitris

New heater material.JPG
WINDOW manual.JPG