Import dxf with autoconvert

Alessandro Marzi

Nov 26, 2017, 5:53:25 AM11/26/17
to THERM
Hello,
I'm using Therm 7.5 and I have trouble in importing dxf files made of close polylines.
I'd like to use the autoconvert to directly get polygons, but after the operation no elements appear.
So I'm obliged to draw everything by hand.
Anybody knows how to solve the problem?
Thank you very much for your tips.

Alessandro Marzi

Sergio F.

Nov 27, 2017, 9:30:55 AM11/27/17
to THERM
Try to use vs 7.4
It works good with dxf file

yal...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 10:36:31 AM11/27/17
to THERM
Without knowing much detail of the dxf file it is hard to give a definitve answer. But some tips And things I generally check for are:

- explode blocks.
- make sure there is no Z dimension. Even polylines can have one vertex with Z coordinate.
- confirm polylines are actually closed with the PEDIT>Close command.
- no splines in the polylines.

Yalin

Robin Mitchell

Nov 27, 2017, 6:01:41 PM11/27/17
to yal...@gmail.com, THERM
THERM 7.5 and 7.6 should also be able to import DXF files as in THERM 7.4. We did not change any of that code when moving to these later versions.

If there are issues importing DXFs into 7.5 or 7.6 (using all the techniques listed by the users here, which are all good), please let me know.

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Department
Environmental Energy Technologies Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Robin Mitchell/LBNL

Nov 27, 2017, 6:03:47 PM11/27/17
to THERM
Also, it is necessary to save the DXF file in either AutoCAD12 or AutoCAD13 DXF format files. See this Knowledge Base article

Robin

Enrica

Nov 30, 2017, 10:37:00 AM11/30/17
to THERM
Hello, I tried several times and can't manage to set the boundary conditions because of overlapping polygons or something to do with the geometry, which I actually double checked and redrew seveal times.
Could it be the Windows version I am using? I have windows 7 professional N, and I tried Therm 7.4 and Therm 7.5 unsuccessfully.
Thanks for helping me, I really need to get through this.
Enrica

Robin Mitchell

Nov 30, 2017, 4:24:29 PM11/30/17
to Enrica, THERM
Can you email me the file and let me take a look? I don't think it's an issue with your operating system.

--
You can view the THERM forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/THERM/forum
---

eaik...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 2:34:07 PM3/1/18
to THERM
Hi Robin, is there a way to draw boundary conditions in autoCAD and then import those into Therm as a DXF file along with closed polylines?

Much appreciated,

Aik

Il giorno domenica 26 novembre 2017 11:53:25 UTC+1, Alessandro Marzi ha scritto:
Hello,
I'm using Therm 7.5 and I have trouble in importing dxf files made of close polylines.
I'd like to use the autoconvert to directly get polygons, but after the operation no elements appear.
So I'm obliged to draw everything by hand.
Anybody knows how to solve the problem?
Thank you very much for your tips.

Alessandro Marzi

--