keff of the big cavity in storm window simulation

Jose Li

Mar 27, 2015, 3:53:06 AM3/27/15
to LBNL-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Therm-team,
When I simulated the storm window following the manual.
A question about Keff of the big cavity between two glazing systems raised.
I know in WINDOW the top and bottom BCs are adiabatic when calculating the Ug.
But in THERM the surface of the cavity is actually contact with the aluminium frame in my case.
So the Keff in WINDNOW maybe have a big difference with the one in reality.

This will also happened in spandrel simulation.
Like the picture below, the big cavity between mineral wool and glass simulated in WINDOW and in THERM has a big difference.
.
.