Anyone know a relaible way of screen capture using THERM?

pete warm

Aug 15, 2017, 8:39:54 AM8/15/17
to THERM
I often get really frustrated by THERM's ability to start repainting the screen just as I am trying to capture the image.

Mostly this is with colour rainbows such as displaying Flux or Temperature colours

I use the windows snipping tool, as it allows the exact area to be selected, but it is now only working 2/3 the time.
I have tried SNAGIT with a very long delay (>45 secs), which is OK but boring
Previously I did a complete screen shot (Cntrl-PrtScrn) and cropping the image afterwards, but this is a pain.

Anybody got ideas?

Many Thanks

pete

Toby Cambray

Aug 15, 2017, 3:29:43 PM8/15/17
to THERM
Hi Pete

I struggle with this too, have found marginally less annoying to hit print screen on the keyboard, and crop than to trigger the re-drawing thing, but I agree it'd be nice to be able to export graphics in such a way as to get consistent aspect ratios etc. Maybe Robin can put this on the feature request list.

Toby

Jeffrey Ashcraft

Sep 19, 2017, 9:27:08 AM9/19/17
to THERM
Pete,

Once you start the snip tool and the graphics start to re-load, press escape.  Let therm generate what ever graphic representation you are trying to achieve, and then try another screen capture.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
Test.PNG