Summer Soccer League

1 view

Stephanie

May 26, 2011, 5:48:32 PM5/26/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Hey footballers,

The spring Lazy Soccer District Sports team is rolling into the summer season. This time around, it'll be 9v9 on Sundays at Maret Field (Woodley Park). Read up on it here. Capitan Mike Madden has already covered the team fee, which we'll divide by the number who ultimately register. So far, we've got about 12 people set to play, but we could use a few more -- particularly women, as we'll need three on the field at all times, and subs. We kick off June 19. Let me know if you're interested! (Those of you who already heard this via the spring Olympique P team can feel free to ignore this e-mail.)

Thanks,

Stephanie Vallejo
stephani...@gmail.com
513-460-9200

Sasha Issenberg

May 26, 2011, 5:51:49 PM5/26/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Also please enlist friends. We're best off building as big a roster a
we can -- more possible subs, less pressure for everyone to show up if
they have conflicts, and allows us to bring the cost down for each of
us.

-SPI

ben.m...@gmail.com

May 27, 2011, 6:11:03 PM5/27/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Yinka (from last week) is interested.

Henry Jackson

May 27, 2011, 6:12:54 PM5/27/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Yinka needs to be our first summer signing. He's efficient as heck on the ball. Let's show more ambition than Arsenal.

Benjamin Gedan

May 31, 2011, 2:43:12 PM5/31/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Julia Oliver
Stephanie,

My friend Julia Oliver (julia....@gmail.com), a multi-talented athlete and scholar, is up for joining us in the summer league.

bg

Daniel Reilly

Jun 17, 2011, 10:59:09 AM6/17/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, celinacu...@gmail.com, eric....@mail.house.gov
adding two of our blockbuster summer signings, Eric and Celina.
Can someone reply to this with the game time for this week?
I alas, will not be there

Rachel Racusen

Jun 17, 2011, 11:01:59 AM6/17/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, celinacu...@gmail.com, eric....@mail.house.gov
Ok I'm in for this summer.

Mike Madden

Jun 17, 2011, 11:09:07 AM6/17/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, celinacu...@gmail.com, eric....@mail.house.gov
Game time this Sunday is as follows:

1 p.m., Dupont league (where our name is Olympique Parreseaux)
4 p.m., Maret league (where we are Deportivo Perezoso)

I'll only be at the Dupont game, because I'm going to watch the U.S. lose to Jamaica in a match that kicks off at RFK at 3 p.m.

But if it's really, really ugly by halftime, maybe I'll bail and come play in our second (well, fourth) half.

Welcome to Eric, Celina, and Rachel...

Cat

Jun 17, 2011, 11:23:39 AM6/17/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Out of town--bonne chance!

vmu...@worldbank.org

Jun 17, 2011, 11:38:49 AM6/17/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, lazys...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, can't make it this time; I'll be out for a while until I fix my knee. Not sure if I will be able to play the summer season :-(

Inactive hide details for Cat ---06/17/2011 11:23:57 AM---Out of town--bonne chance! Le 17 juin 2011 à 11:09, Mike Madden <mikeCat ---06/17/2011 11:23:57 AM---Out of town--bonne chance! Le 17 juin 2011 à 11:09, Mike Madden <mikema...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Cat <catheri...@gmail.com>

"lazys...@googlegroups.com" <lazys...@googlegroups.com>

06/17/2011 11:23 AM

Re: Summer Soccer League

Sent by:

lazys...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Reilly

Jul 5, 2011, 2:12:01 PM7/5/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, emill...@gmail.com, carlossebas...@gmail.com
Completing a busy summer signing period, I have lured in two more all-stars, Carlos and his girlfriend Liz (both CC'd on this)
And in other transfer news, Will, who played w/ us 2 Sundays ago, has done in his knee and will be out for the year. Will, we hardly knew ye. This is why Sasha Wenger built in so much depth to the squad. Sasha knows its chess, not checkers.

Liz, Carlos, welcome to Deportivo Perezoso, where we put the lazy in lazy soccer club. But we have fun doing it.
Game this week is at 4pm Sunday at the Maret School in Woodley Park. We should have extra jerseys, but just in case, our team colors are champagne (room) yellow.
-Dan