Lazy Sunday?

Mike Madden

Mar 10, 2011, 11:39:14 AM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
Comrades --

As with most things soccer-related, the schedule for Lazy Soccer is also dictated by fixture congestion; in this case, Arsenal's FA Cup match with Manchester United on Saturday, which several of our bunch are planning to watch. So how about a Sunday morning game on the Mall at 9:45? It'll help get all of our circadian rhythms adjusted to playing on Sundays, anyway, which we'll need when our actual organized lazy team makes its debut later this spring. The usual spot, by the National Museum of the American Indian.

Along those lines: Yes, the name of the team will be changed from the preliminary one that pays homage to Sasha's favorite Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/#!/arsenalgent). The current contenders are:

-- FC Perezoso
-- Olympique Paresseux
-- Dynamo Lenivyi
-- Inter Pigro

You may notice a common theme running through those options. Pick one of those, or nominate your own language in which we can easily pick a word for "lazy" and a soccer team name-sounding other word, and vote for how we should be represented in an organized manner. Also, a reminder -- the official Lazy Soccer team will begin play on Sundays in April near Dupont Circle, and we're still in the market for players.

Mike

Sasha Issenberg

Mar 10, 2011, 11:46:59 AM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
I'm in for this Sunday, and would like to nominate NAMAKETE-IRU
FRONTALE as our Sunday team name.

-SPI

henry.c...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2011, 11:57:33 AM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, lazys...@googlegroups.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
I will eagerly anticipating my first Lazy Soccer cap on Sunday. I am in.

Sent from my iPhone

Mindy Saraco

Mar 10, 2011, 12:23:50 PM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, henry.c...@gmail.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
how about some post-lazy soccer lazy pancakes? y'all are welcome to come over after for some breakfast at mine and mike's place in petworth. i promise coffee and advil.

Stephanie

Mar 10, 2011, 2:20:17 PM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Mindy Saraco, henry.c...@gmail.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
I'll play Sunday. And yes please to pancakes. Thanks, Mindy!

Alexander Ochs

Mar 10, 2011, 7:34:58 PM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, henry.c...@gmail.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am currently injured so wont be able to play for the whole month of March. Hope to be back in April though. But the doc didn’t say anything about pancakes, so I would love to join for those and hear the latest about recent players traded, team statistics, the injury file etc. As for a name, how about FC Faul. Or Lokomotive Faulpelz. Or Turbine Träge. It all means lazy, and since I am too lazy to translate literally, here is a dictionary: http://dict.leo.org/

Hope to see you all soon. Has been far too long.

Thanks,

Alexander

ALEXANDER OCHS

Director, Energy & Climate Program

logo_worldwatch

phone: 202 452 1992 x511
cell: 646-812-6252

skype: alexanderrochs

READ OUR BLOG RE|VOLT
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

VISIT THE TRANSATLANTIC FORUM FACET

FIND ALL MY PUBLICATIONS

… PLEASE SUPPORT WORLDWATCH’S UNIQUE WORK: www.worldwatch.org/donate

…JUST RATED THE 3RD MOST INFLUENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL THINK TANK IN THE WORLD…

Lydia DePillis

Mar 10, 2011, 8:51:49 PM3/10/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Alexander Ochs, henry.c...@gmail.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
In for Sunday, and since I'm agnostic on all foreign soccer teams and languages, would favor the name that's easiest to pronounce.
--
Staff Writer / Washington City Paper
(c) 206-399-5876 / (o) 202-650-6928 / @housingcomplex

Mindy Saraco

Mar 11, 2011, 7:03:55 PM3/11/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
So glad you'll be joining for pancakes! Please let Natasha know that she's more than welcome, in fact encouraged, to come too, if she's around.
From: Alexander Ochs <Ao...@worldwatch.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:34:58 -0500
Subject: RE: Lazy Sunday?

Mindy Saraco

Mar 11, 2011, 7:05:18 PM3/11/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, meant to send that just to Alexander!
From: "Mindy Saraco" <mindy...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 00:03:55 +0000

From: Alexander Ochs <Ao...@worldwatch.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:34:58 -0500

Alexander Ochs

Mar 11, 2011, 7:10:36 PM3/11/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com

…and the rest of the bunch now knows who you really like to see on Sunday. I am just her dude I know.

Lydia DePillis

Mar 13, 2011, 9:32:16 AM3/13/11
to lazys...@googlegroups.com, Alexander Ochs, henry.c...@gmail.com, Mike Madden, Andrew Mahen, Steve Farole
Blah, reporting obligations putting a hitch in this plan...sorry to bail last minute!
image001.gif