Thursday Tree Tender Meeting

Christine Brill

Jun 9, 2020, 2:04:05 PM6/9/20
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
I'm confirming Thursday's meeting at the Tree Park.

Let's meet at 6:30 PM instead so that Maeve can join us.

--
Christine Brill
412.443.4210

Burdett, Ray G

Jun 9, 2020, 2:10:18 PM6/9/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
OK with me, Christine.

Ray

Sent from my iPhone

Lauren Byrne Connelly

Aug 13, 2020, 3:00:19 PM8/13/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
My apologies - we are all out at meetings (or in our home in front of our screens) with meetings this evening so LC will not be present at the Tree Park tonight. Better Streets LV and our Neighbors in Need committee is meeting this evening, as well as a separate  meeting on a development project.

A quick update:
- We are convening business owners in each section of the neighborhood and including tree requests on the agenda for 10th Ward's meeting next week.
- We do have a small pot of funds that we can put towards materials for the Tree Park and I can follow up with Maeve on the details if that works.
-  LC will be hiring a community project coordinator position and this person will be focused on infrastructure and mobility projects, and will also staff greening projects (And assist with tree tenders!). This position has been vacant for about 2 years since some of the LC staff moved over to the new CLT organization.   We don't have the job description just yet but will forward along as soon as it's finalized!

Sorry to miss it.  The Tree park looks amazing so thank you for all that you are doing there.

--

LAUREN CONNELLY

Executive Director

Lawrenceville Corporation

(412) 621-1616 ext.101

The Ice House Studios

100 43rd Street, Suite 208

Pittsburgh, PA 15201

Christine Brill

Aug 13, 2020, 3:14:13 PM8/13/20
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
Lauren: we have moved the monthly Tree Park working day to one Monday a month. So no worries! The next work day is 9/14 at 5:30 pm.

Our next scheduled LVTT meeting will be on Zoom. 9/3/2020 at 6 PM.

A few amazing people (Matt, Pete, Ed, Ray, Maeve and others) have really revitalized the Tree Park and we're not done yet. There's a new railroad tie edge along Keystone and it looks fantastic. Busy Beaver donated it and the guys brought materials and some stone to the site to help with erosion. Lots of weeding has been happening and there are signs to ward off errant dog owners. We're dreaming about planting ferns below the redbud trees.

I'll talk with Maeve + about possible "asks" for the Tree Park, and we should also think internally (as LVTT) about fundraising. Top of mind for me is getting a protected message board at the Tree Park so that we can recruit, educate and share LVTT news. We'll think about options and send ideas to you when they are more concrete.

Thanks for promoting the Business District Tree effort. Let us know if we can help!

--
Christine Brill, AIA
412.443.4210

Principal
Studio for Spatial Practice
A Woman's Business Enterprise (WBE)

Lauren Byrne Connelly

Aug 13, 2020, 3:29:50 PM8/13/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! Will plan to be on the call in September and will connect on these other issues before then!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Ceoffe, Lisa

Aug 18, 2020, 12:18:42 PM8/18/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
I have the pet signs. Lisa

Aug 18, 2020, 12:31:22 PM8/18/20
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
Great! We put (4) signs out but there's definitely room for more. The signs have helped some but there are still some offending pet owners.

Ceoffe, Lisa

Aug 18, 2020, 2:16:36 PM8/18/20
to Christine Brill, Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
yeah they are at pur sign shop...

Lisa Ceoffe, City Forester

6520 Stanton Ave.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206

412-665-3626

Aug 20, 2020, 1:29:40 PM8/20/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Jess, since Christine said she already had signs for Lawrenceville Tree Park, you can rake a few of the knes I have pla ned for there. I have to pick them up from our sign shop. Hours are limited due to Covid Protocol.. I will try to get them to you sooner than later  Lisa

Lisa Ceoffe, City Forester

6520 Stanton Ave.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206

412-665-3626

Maeve Rafferty

Aug 23, 2020, 1:24:32 PM8/23/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I won't be able to join the LVTT call as I'm teaching the night of 9/3.

Will be in touch with Lauren and Christine re tree park plans.

Thanks
Maeve

Lawrenceville TreeTenders

Sep 3, 2020, 7:44:54 AM9/3/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com, mss...@gmail.com, stone...@comcast.net, pietro.p...@gmail.com
Zoom meeting info follows. We're limited to 40 minutes!

Christine Brill is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Treetender Monthly Meeting
Time: Sep 3, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77033974786?pwd=NERnRkxSUW9Db0FaZUlWV1RsMTh4Zz09

Meeting ID: 770 3397 4786
Passcode: 3PH0B5