Help Requested THIS WEEK!

Lawrenceville TreeTenders

May 10, 2020, 9:56:46 AM5/10/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Please read the following if you can spare a few hours this week to help Lawrenceville Tree Tenders deal with tree and green space maintenance during the pandemic.

The trees and flowers that give us so much pleasure during lockdown in Lawrenceville need some love and the City of Pittsburgh will operate a yard waste pick up on Saturday May 16th.  What is the connection?  We invite you to don your mask, gardening gloves and grab your favorite weeding tool to blitz and bag up weed growth in any tree pits near your home and in the Tree Park, on the corner of Stanton Ave and Keystone St.  We're asking for a big push this week because Lawrenceville Tree Tenders haven't been able to hold regular maintenance days - i.e. working as a group - to care for neighborhood green spaces.

Things to note:
Special Information on the Tree Park - there are lots of perennials and native plants here that might be mistaken for weeds.  For that reason, please focus on the paths and sidewalks.  If you're interested in helping out at the Tree Park on a more regular basis, contact me, Maeve Rafferty, via email (bave...@yahoo.co.uk) or phone 412 660 7581.  I'd be happy to meet you on site, at a safe distance.  Watch this space for a bed adoption program.

All clean-up volunteers must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines i.e. wear a mask or face covering and observe social distancing guidelines.

We're asking you to work individually so that our actions don't lead to unsafe crowding.  We're asking you to use your own tools and lawn bags.  Send us photos if you'd like, or drop us an email and let us know you've taken part.

All weeds should be placed in brown lawn bags and left on the curb  - either at home with your personal yard waste, or if you're helping with the Tree Park, by the utility pole at Stanton and Keystone - before 6am on Saturday May 16th.  Lawn bags shouldn't exceed 35 pounds.

For more information on City Waste pick up on Saturday May 16 click here REMINDER: Curbside Yard Waste Pickup Rescheduled for Saturday, May 16

And great guidelines from the City on working in community gardens:

Thank you, and stay safe!

Maeve

--
Tree Pittsburgh: Lawrenceville Tree Tenders is an all-volunteer organization with a mission to maintain existing street trees, educate residents, and re-forest the neighborhood.