LVTT | Zoom Tomorrow?

Christine Brill

Jun 3, 2020, 9:48:21 AM6/3/20
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
Dear Lawrenceville Tree Tenders,

I hope you're doing alright, physically and mentally. The past few months have been challenging in so many ways. And the tragic death of George Floyd in Minneapolis has amplified and laid bare injustice. It's a lot to process, and I'm feeling a little helpless.

I would like to have a Zoom meeting tomorrow (I can host), for all who can participate, focused on just two topics. Please let me know if you are available at 6 pm Thursday, June 4th.

Topic 1. Diversity and Inclusion. Discussion around how to diversify our Tree Tender group, whether through active leadership in this group, or through focused / targeted outreach and action. This topic was raised earlier by Darrell and I feel like we should take a moment to recognize that we can be more inclusive and intentional in all that we do, if we commit to doing so. I don't have the answers to this question. I am hoping for discussion on this important topic.

Topic 2. Tree Park. I haven't checked Maeve's availability but I can assure you that the Tree Park needs some love! What can we do as our core Tree Tender group to revitalize this important urban, public space in the 10th Ward. We designed and built the Tree Park to help provide green space in a very dense neighborhood without much park space. Like any garden, park or playground, it needs a reboot, and I hope we can support the effort that so many people have put into keeping it clean, green and inviting! On a positive note, the trees look healthy and beautiful.

ALSO... I messed around with the Google Group permissions. When you receive this message, please test your ability to respond to the group. It will result in a few extra messages in all of our inboxes but I may have improved posting abilities.

Thank you for reading... I hope to see some of you on Zoom tomorrow!

- Christine

Christine Brill

Jun 3, 2020, 9:52:07 AM6/3/20
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
Here's a Zoom link for tomorrow. Let me know if you plan to participate!

Topic: LVTT Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 4, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/94870063685?pwd=Nk1ybGxob0g1OUxkaCtrdkthdnVVZz09

Meeting ID: 948 7006 3685
Password: 005400
One tap mobile
+12678310333,,94870063685# US (Philadelphia)
+14703812552,,94870063685# US (Atlanta)

Burdett, Ray G

Jun 3, 2020, 11:00:07 AM6/3/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Christine,

Mary Jo and I should be available for a zoom meeting tomorrow.

Ray

Sent from my iPhone

Lauren Byrne Connelly

Jun 3, 2020, 1:08:38 PM6/3/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
I can be there, thanks!

LAUREN CONNELLY

Executive Director

Lawrenceville Corporation

(412) 621-1616 ext.101

The Ice House Studios

100 43rd Street, Suite 208

Pittsburgh, PA 15201

Mary Jo Geyer

Jun 3, 2020, 3:46:24 PM6/3/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Hello Christine-

So happy to participate in tomorrow evening’s Zoom. Also feeling the need to focus on diversity and inclusion. Looking forward to our discussion. Ray previously responded, but I needed to put in my 2 cents.

MJ

Jesse Perkins

Jun 3, 2020, 4:46:12 PM6/3/20
to lawrenceville...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’m available tomorrow evening and will be in attendance for the zoom call at 6pm.

Thanks Christine!

- Jesse

On Jun 3, 2020, at 3:46 PM, Mary Jo Geyer <geyer....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Christine-