Cool Streets = Trees +

Christine Brill

May 24, 2022, 5:20:20 PM5/24/22
to Lawrenceville Tree Tenders Google Groups
Hi everyone! Here's a good story about heat island cooling in urban neighborhoods like Lawrenceville. I like that it talks about more than "just" planting trees (replacing black asphalt with lighter colored surfaces, for example) and that they took a scientific approach to identifying the hottest streets in their area. But tree planting is the core part of the effort.

I'll get back to "coordinating" with Lawrenceville Tree Tenders later this month. I'm looking forward to zooming with you soon - next Tree Tenders meeting is Thursday, June 2nd.

Be well!

--
Christine Brill
412.443.4210