Survival analysis in Lavaan?

Dan Laxman

Sep 30, 2018, 4:30:49 AM9/30/18
to lavaan
 Hello,

I'm interested in conducting a discrete time survival analysis via latent variable modeling (e.g., Muthén & Masyn, 2005, though simpler without the mixture component). I would like to use lavaan.

Muthén, B., & Masyn, K. (2005). Discrete-time survival mixture analysis. Journal of Educational and Behavioral statistics, 30(1), 27-58.

I'm curious if anyone knows of an example using lavaan or any differences in conducting this analysis in lavaan compared to Mplus that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Laxman

Sep 30, 2018, 4:34:14 AM9/30/18
to lavaan
I should also add that some of my predictors will be latent variables with indicators best treated as ordered categories.

Yves Rosseel

Oct 7, 2018, 1:54:44 PM10/7/18
to lav...@googlegroups.com
I am afraid lavaan has no support for survival analysis.

Yves.

On 9/30/18 10:30 AM, Dan Laxman wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I'm interested in conducting a discrete time survival analysis via
> latent variable modeling (e.g., Muthén & Masyn, 2005, though simpler
> without the mixture component). I would like to use lavaan.
>
> Muthén, B., & Masyn, K. (2005). Discrete-time survival mixture analysis.
> /Journal of Educational and Behavioral statistics/, /30/(1), 27-58.
>
> I'm curious if anyone knows of an example using lavaan or any
> differences in conducting this analysis in lavaan compared to Mplus that
> I should be aware of?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

Brooke Staley

Mar 20, 2023, 5:08:26 AM3/20/23
to lavaan
Is it still true that lavaan cannot be used with survival outcome data? I am interested in using it to run a mediation analysis on observed variables with an interval censored outcome. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Terrence Jorgensen

Mar 30, 2023, 5:58:00 AM3/30/23
to lavaan

Is it still true that lavaan cannot be used with survival outcome data?

Yes.

Terrence D. Jorgensen    (he, him, his)
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics
Research Institute for Child Development and Education, the University of Amsterdam
http://www.uva.nl/profile/t.d.jorgensen