What is the meaning and usage of 1 in triangle?

Wang cs001632

Sep 6, 2019, 2:51:52 AM9/6/19
to lavaan
  • So what does this 1 in the triangle mean? When should ww include it in our model?

More source in

Balal Ezanloo

Sep 6, 2019, 3:09:31 AM9/6/19
to lavaan

On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 11:21:52 AM UTC+4:30, Wang cs001632 wrote:
  • So what does this 1 in the triangle mean? When should ww include it in our model?

Hi
I thinks it a constant in data that use for mean structure analysis. based on this constant value in the data you can do SEM analysis for mean in addition to co-variance.

Terrence Jorgensen

Sep 6, 2019, 9:47:41 AM9/6/19
to lavaan
I thinks it a constant in data that use for mean structure analysis

That's right :-)

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics