non-continuous SEM: Goodness of Fit Indices

Lilia Heinrich

May 20, 2019, 4:04:53 AM5/20/19
to lavaan
Hi,
R lavaan calculates -compared to Stata (gsem)- all imaginable Goodnes of Fit indices for non-continuous SEM. Somebody told me recently that the use and assessment of GOF for non-continuous SEM isn`t recommended. Does anyone know more about this issue that here? Why is not recommended?  Literature recommendation?

Thank you!

Terrence Jorgensen

May 22, 2019, 2:37:25 AM5/22/19
to lavaan
Somebody told me recently that the use and assessment of GOF for non-continuous SEM isn`t recommended.
Does anyone know more about this issue that here? Why is not recommended?  Literature recommendation?

SEMNET is a more appropriate forum for general questions like this.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics