amos and lavaan: difference in chi square

GS Ashiabi

May 9, 2019, 4:05:59 PM5/9/19
to lavaan
i ran a model in AMOS and re-run the same model in lavaan, but getting different dfs. In AMOS I get df = 108, and in lavaan, I get df = 111.

Just trying to figure out what three other parameters are being estimated in AMOS that are not being done in lavaan. any help is appreciated

attached is a graphical representation of the model estimated in AMOS (without the observed variables), which will be indicated in the lavaan code below:

AMOS Summary
summary of the AMOS output is below (focusing on variables and model fit - default model)
number of variables in your model 54
number of observed variables 17
number of unobserved variables 37
number of exogenous variables 27
number of endogenous variables 27

MODEL npar CMIN df p
default model 62 2135.78 108 0.000

lavaan Code
#specifying the model
model <- '

#measurement (latent factor ) model
TC =~ CO + TR
E =~ EM
GD =~ GR
TMS =~ EN + CON
C =~ COM1 + COM2
S =~ SA
PWE =~ EN + SU
TWM =~ TR1 + TR + TM
JS =~ RE
EC =~ RE1 + RE2

#structural model (regressions)
#direct effects
E ~ a1*TC
GD ~ a2*E
JS ~ a3*GD
C ~ b1*TMS
PWE ~ b2*C
TWM ~ b3*PWE
JS ~ b4*TWM
PWE ~ c1*S
EC ~ d1*JS
'

#fitting the sem
fit <- sem(model,
           data = ltestR, warn = TRUE, meanstructure = TRUE,
           mimic = "EQS", estimator = "ML")

lavaan goodness of fit
  Estimator                                         ML
  Model Fit Test Statistic                    3312.865
  Degrees of freedom                               111
  P-value (Chi-square)                           0.000

Slide1.PNG

Edward Rigdon

May 9, 2019, 4:38:06 PM5/9/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
By my count, the lavaan DF = 111 is correct, adjusting for the single indicators and the covariances among the three predictor factors S, TMS and TC. I can't tell from your message what model Amos actually estimated, but there is nothing unusual in teh lavaan DF calculation, and no strange defaults being invoked.

car...@web.de

May 10, 2019, 2:48:21 AM5/10/19
to lavaan
I get df = 111 with Amos. Maybe you forgot to fix 3 of the 4 error terms?

car...@web.de

May 10, 2019, 2:53:30 AM5/10/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
... of the single indicator measures to be precise 🤐
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit WEB.DE Mail gesendet.