warning messages in Lavaan

Jassmyn

Oct 8, 2019, 11:06:07 AM10/8/19
to lavaan

I got the following warning message in my Modell 1:
Warning message:
In lav_data_full(data = data, group = group, cluster = cluster, : lavaan WARNING: some observed variances are (at least) a factor 1000 times larger than others; use varTable(fit) to investigate

I am totally new with R, so I have no Plan how to fix it.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

In my Modell 2 I got ecen more Warnings:

Warning messages: 1: In lav_data_full(data = data, group = group, cluster = cluster, : lavaan WARNING: some observed variances are (at least) a factor 1000 times larger than others; use varTable(fit) to investigate 2: In lav_model_vcov(lavmodel = lavmodel2, lavsamplestats = lavsamplestats, : lavaan WARNING: The variance-covariance matrix of the estimated parameters (vcov) does not appear to be positive definite! The smallest eigenvalue (= -7.794870e-02) is smaller than zero. This may be a symptom that the model is not identified.

I would appreciate some help :)

Terrence Jorgensen

Oct 8, 2019, 11:28:31 AM10/8/19
to lavaan
  lavaan WARNING: some observed variances are (at least) a factor 1000 times larger than others

You can plug that warning into the search bar to find many previous posts already addressing this FAQ.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

Jassmyn

Oct 8, 2019, 12:02:17 PM10/8/19
to lavaan
Thank you !