ERROR when comparing two models

dilys...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2019, 10:43:01 AM1/17/19
to lavaan

Buenos dias,

I had the error below while I was trying to compare two models to see if the new model is better that the previous one.

 anova(mod1.fit, mod2.fit)
Error in lavTestLRT(object = new("lavaan", version = "0.6.3", call = lavaan::lavaan(model = mod1,  :
  lavaan ERROR: some models (but not all) have scaled test statistics

lavTestLRT(mod1.fit, mod2.fit)
Error in lavTestLRT(mod1.fit, mod2.fit) :
  lavaan ERROR: some models (but not all) have scaled test statistics

I am not sure what the message "some models (but not all) have scaled test statistics" means. I had the same error using anova or lavTestLRT

Gracias,

Dilys

Mauricio Garnier-Villarreal

Jan 17, 2019, 1:12:58 PM1/17/19
to lavaan
Dilys

Can you share how you ran the models with cfa or sem? This is saying that the models where analyszed with different estimators, so some have a scaled test statistic (like MLR), and other dont. So, lavaan cant compare them. To compare them the models have to be done with the same estimators

Dilys Vela

Jan 17, 2019, 1:32:30 PM1/17/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mauricio,

I did it with SEM. Thanks for the leads. I will check that part of my code to see if I can fix the problem.

Thanks,

Dilys