The Return Of Summary

Lureiny L

Apr 20, 2019, 12:11:09 PM4/20/19
to lavaan
Hi

I want to use lavaan in my server.So I install the Rserve to do it.
But I can't get return value when I excute "summary(fit)".It only print the result in terminal, when I open a terminal.
How can I get the return value instead of printing the result?

Thank you.

Lureiny L

Christopher Desjardins

Apr 20, 2019, 4:41:16 PM4/20/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lureiny,
What exactly do you want from it? Most of the stuff (maybe all of it?) you can get with parameterestimates() and the fitmeasures() functions as well as inspect().  Would that solve your problem?
Chris

Terrence Jorgensen

Apr 24, 2019, 12:44:59 PM4/24/19
to lavaan
Most of the stuff (maybe all of it?) you can get with parameterestimates() and the fitmeasures() functions as well as inspect().  Would that solve your problem?

summary() does not return an object, it just prints (a combination of) results to the Console.  But Chris is right, you can get everything you need from other functions.  parameterEstimates(..., add.attributes = TRUE) returns the estimates in the pretty format the summary() provides by default.  The options std=TRUE, fit=TRUE and modindices=TRUE just add output from standardizedSolution(), fitMeasures() and modindices().

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics