A BUGGGGGG of argument 'forcePD' in 'lavaan:::lav_model_objective'

asas asas

Jan 21, 2019, 5:37:33 PM1/21/19
to lavaan
Dear lavaan developers,
I have a question about the internal function  'lavaan:::lav_model_objective' defined in the file 'lav_model_objective.R' in the package source code.
The argument 'forcePD' seems to exist no where in the definition of the function.
I guess this argument will be utilized in future version of lavaan.
Best,
Yilun Zhang

Terrence Jorgensen

Jan 25, 2019, 9:48:07 AM1/25/19
to lavaan
I have a question about the internal function  'lavaan:::lav_model_objective' defined in the file 'lav_model_objective.R' in the package source code.
The argument 'forcePD' seems to exist no where in the definition of the function.

In R, the triple-colon lavaan::: indicates that it is a hidden function, not meant to be used by the public.  That is why there is no documentation for this function in the package.  It is only used internally.  If you mean that the argument exists but is not used within the function, then yes, it is possible Yves simply plans to add that option in the future but has not yet done so.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

asas asas

Jan 25, 2019, 3:01:44 PM1/25/19
to lavaan
Got it.
Thanks.

在 2019年1月25日星期五 UTC-5上午9:48:07,Terrence Jorgensen写道: