How to test nomological validity with lavaan?

Abc Abc

Jun 22, 2019, 3:39:34 PM6/22/19
to lavaan
Dear all,

in my understanding, I need to test nomological validity with SEM. But what exactly should I look at in e.g. summary(fit1, standardized=TRUE, fit.measures=TRUE)?

Code for reference:

model1 <- 'O  =~ o1 + o2 + o3 + o4 + o5
T  =~  t1 + t2 + t3 + t4
G =~ g1 + g2 + g3
P =~ p1 + p2 + p3
P ~ OC + TC + TGC'

fit1 <- sem(model1, data=data)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Terrence Jorgensen

Jun 23, 2019, 2:37:37 PM6/23/19
to lavaan
I need to test nomological validity with SEM. But what exactly should I look at

That is not one thing:

Could you ask a more specific question?  The section with factor covariances is clearly labeled in the output, and the "Std.all" column displays the standardized covariances (i.e., correlations).  That is probably where you will find much of the validity-checking information you want, assuming you know what you want.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics