IFI scaled

car...@web.de

Jul 30, 2018, 5:37:29 AM7/30/18
to lavaan
I have a CFA with the following coefficients: chisq,scaled = 101.791, df = 84, baseline,chisq,scaled = 1525.369. If I simply use the scaled results in the usual formula to calculate the IFI, then I get: (1525.369 - 101.791) / (1525.369 - 84) = 0.988. This also corresponds approximately to the result that EQS produces. Lavaan calculates the following result: ifi,scaled = 0.933. How does this not insignificant difference arise?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

car...@web.de

Jul 30, 2018, 8:13:20 AM7/30/18
to lavaan
After looking at the source code, it's clear. IFI is calculated as follows:
t1 <- X2.null - X2
t2 <- X2.null - df
[...]
IFI scaled is calculated like this:
t1 <- X2.null.scaled - X2.scaled
t2 <- X2.null.scaled
[...]
The denominator therefore does not take df into account. I think that this is not correct. Best regards.

Terrence Jorgensen

Jul 31, 2018, 6:33:41 AM7/31/18
to lavaan
The denominator therefore does not take df into account. I think that this is not correct.

Thanks for tracking down the problem.  I'll make a note on GitHub to make the change.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Postdoctoral Researcher, Methods and Statistics