Standard Error and Z-value

UmeshAshen Lowe

Nov 25, 2021, 11:49:48 AM11/25/21
to lavaan
I'm still learning SEM and I'm using lavaan for that. This question may not be very interesting but since I'm confused i really appreciate if someone could explain it.

Could someone explain that what " Standard Error" and "z-value" tell us about the estimated parameter value?
Capture.PNG

Terrence Jorgensen

Nov 26, 2021, 8:31:22 AM11/26/21
to lavaan
Sample statistics are estimates of a corresponding population parameter.  We know they will vary when we draw another sample and estimate it again (this is sampling error).  The Standard Error of an estimate is the estimated SD of its sampling distribution.  The Wald z statistic is the ratio of the estimate to its SE (i.e., how much larger than 0 is the estimate relative to how much we expect it to differ from 0 due to sampling error alone).

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

UmeshAshen Lowe

Nov 26, 2021, 9:35:37 PM11/26/21
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sir for the clarification.
Master Student
School of Civil Engineering and Technology,
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology
Thammasat University, Pathum Thani, Thailand

 Email :
 Tel : +94713575475 / 0803871065