Fraction of Missing Information (FMI) = NA

Allie Choate

Nov 20, 2018, 4:10:03 PM11/20/18
to lavaan
Hi all,

Has anyone stumbled across this problem before? My model converges no problem, but when I try to extract FMI using the below code I get 'NAs" for all estimates and it gives me the below error. I have also tried this with the 'fmi' command in semTools with a small subset of data and get the same error.

model.fit<-cfa(model1, data=main.df, estimator="ML",
                         se="standard", fixed.x=FALSE, missing="FIML")
summary(model.fit,  fit.measures=T, standardized=T, fmi=T)

##
summary(model.fit, fmi=TRUE)
parameterEstimates(model.fit, fmi=TRUE)

Warning message:
In lavaan(slotOptions = object@Options, slotParTable = object@ParTable,  :
  lavaan WARNING: the optimizer warns that a solution has NOT been found!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Terrence Jorgensen

Nov 22, 2018, 10:48:50 AM11/22/18
to lavaan
My model converges no problem, but when I try to extract FMI using the below code I get 'NAs" for all estimates and it gives me the below error. I have also tried this with the 'fmi' command in semTools with a small subset of data and get the same error.

That must mean it is the saturated model that is not converging, which is how FMI is calculated with FIML.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

Allie Choate

Nov 29, 2018, 4:58:53 PM11/29/18
to lavaan
Thank you for the response, Dr. Jorgensen!