Interaction of two latent Variables in Lavaan

Isabel Müller

Sep 16, 2022, 7:21:36 AM9/16/22
to lavaan
Hi there, I am currently working with a model that has includes Three IVs (IV1, IV2; IV1*IV2), two mediators (M1 = latent; M2 = observed) one moderator (Mod = latent) and one DV (latent). I assume the moderation to on the indirect paths, hence between the mediators and the DV. My problem now is that I don't know how to code an interaction term in my model between the mediators and the moderator as that would mean to calculate one interaction between two latent variables (M1*MOD) and one interaction between an observed and a latent variable (M2*MOD). Do you have any idea on how to do that? Thank you in advance.

Christian Arnold

Sep 16, 2022, 4:10:39 PM9/16/22
to lav...@googlegroups.com

References can also be found on this page. Karin Schermelleh-Engel and colleagues (and others, of course) have published a great deal on the subject.

Best

Christian