3-level multilevel SEM ?

Lauren Gillespie

Dec 4, 2019, 10:30:45 AM12/4/19
to lavaan
Hello,

I am working with data that is at the subplot level, from multiple plots that are from multiple countries. This would mean I would need to create a 3-level multilevel SEM to take into account these random variables.

However, I have only found resources on 2-level ‘within-and-between’ examples. Are 3-level multilevel SEMs possible with lavaan? If so, could you point me to some resources if any exist ?

Thank you in advance for your response

Best,
Lauren

Joseph Bonito

Dec 4, 2019, 12:01:38 PM12/4/19
to lavaan
Hi Lauren,

Not yet but planned for a future release.  See the development page at: http://lavaan.ugent.be/development.html

Joe

Lauren Gillespie

Dec 5, 2019, 3:18:02 AM12/5/19
to lavaan
Hi Joe,

Thank you for your response and for the link.

Best,
Lauren

Lauren Gillespie

Dec 6, 2019, 2:36:06 AM12/6/19
to lavaan
Hi Joe,

I was wondering if it would it be feasable and/or advisable to add the country as a latente variable to the plot variable in order to take it into account without needing another level ?

Thanks in advance
Lauren

Joseph Bonito

Dec 8, 2019, 1:23:49 PM12/8/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lauren.

Not quite sure what you are asking and I don’t know much about your design.  Do you mean plotting the relationships by country?  That is certainly worth doing.  BTW, Mplus does have 3-level MLM if you really need to get that done ASAP.

Best,

Joe

Lauren Gillespie

Dec 10, 2019, 4:44:02 AM12/10/19
to lavaan
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll check that out.

Best,
Lauren
Joe