Before structural equation modelling (reliability analysis, CFA for reflective measurement models)

Harel

May 4, 2019, 2:54:29 PM5/4/19
to lavaan
Dear SEM Experts!

I have estimated a structural equation model including both reflective and formative measurement models. For all reflective measurement models reliability measure (McDonald's omega) is >0.700. CFA which includes all reflective measurement models shows good fit demonstrated by RMSEA<0.05, CFI>0.950, TLI>0.950. Is this enough? Should I do anything else before structural equation modelling? Note, I have both reflective and formative measurement models. When testing the measurement models with CFA, I have estimated CFA only for reflective measurement models. I do not use any personality inventories, I have proposed my own measurement scales. Thank you in advance or reference to a book/journal paper.

Terrence Jorgensen

May 8, 2019, 5:08:57 AM5/8/19
to lavaan
These are general SEM questions (not about lavaan software), which are better addressed to the larger audience on SEMNET:

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics