Link Functions for Logistic and Poisson/Negative Binomial

Ari Fodeman

Nov 29, 2018, 9:33:02 AM11/29/18
to lavaan
Hello Lavaan team,

First off, I want to say that your R package is incredibly helpful; thank you so much for all the work that you have put into it!

As much as I want to model CFAs etc. with your package, I unfortunately keep running into endogenous count and categorical data. Are link functions for estimating these types of variables (e.g., logit/probit and Poisson/negative binomial) at all on the horizon for future versions? I am a GRA and am still quite new to R, if not programming and statistics in general, so I am no where near a level of competency yet where I could write the code myself.

Cheers,
-Ari Fodeman

Christopher David Desjardins

Nov 29, 2018, 1:24:11 PM11/29/18
to lav...@googlegroups.com
lavaan can handle categorical data, see: http://lavaan.ugent.be/tutorial/cat.html

It can't handle count data unless you make the assumption that it follows a normal distribution and not a Poisson or something else.