Modification indices with multiplegroup cfa

Deon de Bruin

Jun 3, 2020, 2:36:21 AM6/3/20
to lavaan
When performing a multiplegroup cfa (using the groups = ""and groups.equal = "" arguments) and constraining loadings and intercepts to be equal, I don't get any modification indices regarding the intercepts when requesting the modification indices.

I fit a simple one factor model with four indicators from the "bfi" data set in the "psych" package. The code is as follows:

> modC <- '
     F1 =~ A1 + A2 + A3 + A4
     '

> fit.modC <- cfa(modC, data = bfi, group = "gender", group.equal = c("loadings", "intercepts"), estimator = "ML")

> fitmeasures(fit.modC, c("cfi", "tli", "rmsea", "srmr"), output = "text")

> modificationindices(fit.modC)

I hope someone can advise how to fix this.
Deon

Deon de Bruin

Jun 3, 2020, 2:43:42 AM6/3/20
to lavaan
Apologies. I see that this question has previously been answered. One should use the lavTestScore() function.
Deon