Error using function "reliability" (semTools) with object of lavaan.mi and categorial variables

Sebastian85

Sep 29, 2019, 10:38:41 AM9/29/19
to lavaan
Hallo,

First of all, I would like to thank you Mr. Jorgensen for revising the reliability function for objects of type lavaan.mi.

When using the reliability function of semTools (Version: 0.5-2) with imputed categorial data, I get the following error message. For illustration see the Example below:

HS.model <- ' visual  =~ x1 + x2 + x3

textual =~ x4 + x5 + x6

speed   =~ x7 + x8 + x9 '

#create missings and ordinal data

set.seed(20170110)

HSMiss <- HolzingerSwineford1939[,paste("x", 1:9, sep="")]

randomMiss <- rbinom(prod(dim(HSMiss)), 1, 0.1)

randomMiss <- matrix(as.logical(randomMiss), nrow=nrow(HSMiss))

HSMiss[randomMiss] <- NA

HSMiss.ord <- as.data.frame( lapply(HSMiss, cut, 5, labels=FALSE) )

# Imputation with mice and create list of imputations

imp<-mice(HSMiss.ord, m=5)

nImputations <- 5

impList <- list()

for (i in 1:nImputations) {

  impList[[i]] <- complete(imp, action = i)

}

#run cfa.mi

cfa.ord<-cfa.mi(HS.model, impList, estimator = "WLSMV", ordered=names(HSMiss.ord) )
reliability(cfa.ord)

Error in if (any(lower > upper)) stop("lower>upper integration limits") :
  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

What does this error mean and how can it be handled?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Sebastian

Terrence Jorgensen

Oct 2, 2019, 11:06:42 AM10/2/19
to lavaan
0.5-2 threw an error for complete ordered data, too.  Although the error message was different, this seems to have been resolved in the development version already:

devtools::install_github("simsem/semTools/semTools")

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics