Probit regression reported R square

Nedim Yel

Dec 28, 2018, 7:59:15 PM12/28/18
to lavaan
Hi,
I am running a path model with both continuous and binary outcomes.
The following is my model where MS is a latent variable, PASS is a binary outcome and the remaining variables are continuous.

I also pasted the R-Square values but I couldn't find any references regarding what type of pseudo R squared is reported in the lavaan output.
Does anyone know the type of pseudo-R square (https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/other/mult-pkg/faq/general/faq-what-are-pseudo-r-squareds/) reported by lavaan?

Thank you in advance for your time

# Latent Variable

MS  =~ NA*MS1 + MS4 + MS5
MS  ~~ 1*MS

## Regressions
ANX  ~ MS
SE  ~ MS
XCTSR  ~ MS
PASS ~ ANX + SE + XCTSR + LSAT
PASS ~ MS

OUTPUT
R-Square:
                   Estimate
    MS1               0.279
    MS4               0.197
    MS5               0.244
    ANX               0.088
    SE                0.411
    XCTSR             0.350
    PASS              0.481

Terrence Jorgensen

Jan 3, 2019, 2:39:29 PM1/3/19
to lavaan
Does anyone know the type of pseudo-R square (https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/other/mult-pkg/faq/general/faq-what-are-pseudo-r-squareds/) reported by lavaan?

None, because lavaan is using probit regression, not logistic regression.  However, the same basic idea as McKelvey & Zavoina's is what lavaan reports.

Terrence D. Jorgensen
Assistant Professor, Methods and Statistics

Nedim Yel

Jan 17, 2019, 11:40:28 AM1/17/19
to lavaan
I appreciate the response.